All information collected by Glenmuir.com is stored and handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order.
What are cookies? Do you use them on your site?
A cookie is a text only string of information created by a web site on your computer. The web site uses this cookie to identify you when you return to the site.
Our cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which it has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, in our case a randomly generated unique number.
Most computers are sold with cookies enabled, but you can set your computer to disable cookies if you prefer to. However, you should be aware that the Glenmuir website will not work without cookies - you will not be able to login or purchase products if you have disabled cookies.
- allows the site to remember your registration details so you don't have to re-register each time you visit.
- allows you to add items to your shopping basket without having to login repeatedly.
Cookies may also be used in the following ways:
- to allow us to match promotions and special offers to your preferences or to avoid showing you promotions repeatedly.
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site. This helps us to improve the efficiency of our website for visitors and users.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies - remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Collection of personal data
When you register with us we collect the following information: -
Your name and address, a contact telephone number, and an e-mail address.
If you place an order we also require your credit card details.
We keep this information on a secure data system, which is not accessed by anyone other than Glenmuir.
We use login and password controls on our systems.
We keep a record of any correspondence you send us including e-mail messages as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you may have.
We also keep a record of your purchases with us so that we deal quickly with any issue you may have about your order.
Use of personal data
We are committed to safeguarding the personal data of Glenmuir.com visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The data we collect is also used in the following ways:
- enabling us to tell you about any special offers or promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you - but this is only where you have given permission. You may unsubscribe from receiving such information and offers at any time by emailing to email@example.com and stating that you do not wish to receive any emails from Glenmuir. To ensure your website account reflects this information, please log in and on your account page tick the relevant opt out box.
- enabling us to contact you (and to ask for your permission to be included if we are planning any market research) so that we establish what you like or don't like about our products and service
- planning our future product purchases so as to try and meet your requirements going forward
- helping us to understand the shopping behaviour of our customers so that we can send you the most relevant information and not waste your time and our money
- when necessary, sharing your information with credit reference or fraud detection agencies - at all times the information will be secure
- We may share email contacts within our associated Group's companies but please note Glenmuir.com never share your personal contact details with any third parties.
We regularly review this policy to ensure that we continue to comply with all the necessary regulations and give you the utmost confidence in the management of our data.
Credit Card Security
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software - the Industry standard technology for securing Credit Card data - which encrypts information transmitted from our website. Each credit card transaction is authorised and charged separately, so you will be required to input the entire number for all transactions. We are confident that no unauthorised person or organisation will be able to access the credit card information we record.
All material on this website, except where specifically stated otherwise, is copyright © Glenmuir- Dove Mill, Dove Road, Off Deane Church Lane, Deane, Bolton, BL3 4ET, Reg No. 04533812. Trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this site belong to Glenmuir Limited. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any licence to use any trademark, service mark or logo displayed on this site.
Glenmuir uses Google remarketing. Remarketing is a type of online advertising which allows us to show ads to users who have previously visited our website as they browse the Web. Therefore, as a visitor to the Glenmuir website, please be aware of the below.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show Glenmuir website ads on sites on the internet.